pvp or pve???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

pvp or pve???

Post by DoofyDave on Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:00 pm

So not sure where i should of put this... but was hoping to get someones input on if this is PVP or PVE because EVERY time i kill someone (not even taking the loot) they bitch and complain as if it was the worst thing in the world. I told them i took the role of bandit but yet it seems like they dont know what pvp is.....
DoofyDave
VIP

Back to top Go down

Re: pvp or pve???

Post by Troy on Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:49 pm

Rule #1. The first and most basic rule on Battleborne is this: Be a decent human being. This server is about having fun first and foremost, so if you are ruining someone else's fun (outside the confines of the game that is... being a crybaby ruins everyone else's fun too) then I will not hesitate to take action. That being said, this first rule supersedes all other rules, and encompasses all other rules. Judgment will be reserved by the admin above all, and situation will dictate all matters. -Papa

Dying is part of the game.  This is not a PvE server, it just seems to attract people who don't shoot on sight.  Be a bandit if you want to.  Throw people into a giant pit and make them have an ax fight if you want.  Just remember rule #6 Being a dick is a bannable offense.

Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by DoofyDave on Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:42 pm

thats the thing im not a dick to anyone. im always helping people and new players (spending hours on hours getting them started). I shoot people once in a blue moon to keep them on there toes or when i raid them i then point out what they can do to make their base harder to raid. I just dont get why SO many people bitch about it, its not like im going around blowing up their cars and shit.
DoofyDave
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ExileGlory on Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:06 pm

Joel and I went to go mess with two players last night. We made them drop all their gear, and told them to unlock their truck that they just filled with mission loot. When they didn't unlock it, Joel killed one. But because of delirium, he instadoc'd, ran over and picked up a gun. I proceeded to unload 130 rounds from the SPMG .338 into him. Again he instadoc'd, and while in delirium, he killed me. I instadoc'd, reloaded, and killed him again. This time he did not have instadoc, so he actually died this time. The other player then unlocked the truck for us. We then told them that we never intended to kill them or steal their stuff. The initial shot from joel was meant to scare them into unlocking the truck, not to kill him. But because of this, he picked up again, I shot him ect. But despite our pure intentions of just wanting to mess with them, not kill or steal, the player was extremely upset. They got to keep all their loot, I gave them 2k each for their troubles, and I even medivac'd the dead one back to the safe zone. After all that they were still upset.

Some people are just going to cry, no matter what you do. If they don't like it then they can leave.
ExileGlory
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy on Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:20 pm

I'm imagining this happening with Yakety Sax playing in the background.

Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by DoofyDave on Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:33 pm

well ill just look at it as fuck it. ill have fun (not being a dick) and if they complain ill ignore them. cause in the end, its just a game and games are made to have fun.
DoofyDave
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by hensley on Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:26 am

Nothing at all wrong with Killing other players Smile If they can't handle it they're playing the wrong game. Yes we're generally a friendly crowd but PvP is not discouraged one bit.

And I believe Papa is going to fix (or remove) the delirium state Exile.
hensley
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie on Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:48 am

Delerium was removed yesterday. If you're still getting delerium today, please let me know... And I'll probably quit admin-ing, because the code simply doesn't exist anymore lol. I'll claim either insanity, or black magic lol.

As for the main topic here, Troy and Hensley are right. Killing is part of the game. I've not seen you'd do anything untoward, Dave. As a matter of fact, I love that Dave is a bandit but generally doesn't shoot on sight. That makes being a bandit, or interacting with a bandit far more fun. Some of the best times in old school Dayz were the times that someone took me hostage lol.

You keep doing what you're doing Dave. I'm glad to have a designated friendly neighborhood server bandit to keep things interesting. Smile

Admin

http://battleborne.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by DoofyDave on Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:48 pm

thank you, just wanted to get a clear opinion. and ill keep up the work lol
DoofyDave
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content