New AI system.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New AI system.

Post by Papahyooie on Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:26 am

I have replaced the AI framework with what will hopefully be a better one. This one is fully configurable without me having to modify huge amounts of code, so hopefully we can get it tweaked to our liking. I think we've already had one casualty to the AI's since I revamped it, so be aware that they are more difficult now. What I need from you guys is to really try hard to defeat these AI's and give me feedback on the difficulty. If you can't defeat them no matter what you do, then we should probably tone down the difficulty, but I don't want the AI's to be handing out free loot either. So let me know your thoughts, and how we can tweak them.

Also... drum roll please... the vehicles should be saving to the database now! Be cautious, because I'm not fully sure how well it works yet but if it does work, you should be able to keep the vehicles you get from the missons now.

Lemme know what you guys think!
Papahyooie
Admin

http://battleborne.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: New AI system.

Post by Troy on Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:56 am

This time it went much better.  I tried a smaller mission (6 bad guys as opposed to 20), used silenced weapons and was much more careful. I was able to clear them out while only getting shot at once.  Most of them only had shotguns and low end assault rifles, so they wouldn't of been able to hit me anyway.  Anyway to get guys like that to charge the person shooting them?
Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie on Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:16 am

Some of them will charge, as long as they know where you are. ArmaII AI is actually pretty good about that. They will use cover fire and maneuver, provided they have the right weapons, and have identified their enemy. I can control the weapons they carry to an extent. Basically, I provide a list of weapons and then they are randomly distributed. The larger bands will have the weapons required to use tactics like cover fire and maneuver, whereas the smaller bands will have more civilian style weapons like shotguns and open-sighted assault rifles like you said.

Chances are though, if you're using a sniper rifle at range, they aren't going to charge, because half of them won't be able to identify a target. Same thing with a silenced weapon.

If you find it too easy, I have the option to give them RPG's Wink
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie on Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:45 am

Also, have you tried taking a vehicle from the mission yet, Torg?
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy on Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:48 pm

No, the one I did had a crashed Humvee. I might need a group before I try and do one of the bigger missions, because I lost a car from the first fixed mission that I tried. Granted, it was incredibly hilarious to see the effects of 20 guys firing on one target (not sarcasm).
Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie on Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:52 pm

Yea, they nearly shot down my helicopter last night.
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy on Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:57 pm

Ok, did another small one.  I had a rather large sniper and that gave away my location.  The AI is apparently as good a shot as I am, although only those with long range weapons engaged me.  Except for the one that used a tree line to flank me and then shoot me up with an SMG.  For my second try I used a silenced rifle and the AI only responded by falling to the ground when I shot them.
Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy on Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:58 pm

Seems like engaging them at extreme range is the best bet. I did a mission with The Boss and we had more problems with Zombies running up to us. Is there any way that you can have missions inside of towns/buildings? I know the one in Nova Sobor sometimes spawns all the AI in a wall thus killing them, so it might not be possible.
Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie on Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:01 pm

Its possible but not recommended. If they spawn in a town, they are likely to get stuck in walls.
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top