Buildables are working properly

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Buildables are working properly

Post by Papahyooie on Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:23 pm

So, thanks for Hensley for doing the legwork, and reading forum posts for what I can only imagine had to be hours upon end. He found the solution that would work with our setup, and I implemented it last week. As of now, the buildables that he put up are still intact, so it seems to be working. Build away!

Keep in mind, the way this works is that the base *DECAY* is disabled. I.e, if you build something it will not decay over time and eventually disappear. I would like to implement this feature back in at a later time, however it seems that the newest patches are somehow messing with Epoch's code, so we will see what happens.

This does NOT make buildables invincible. You can still take down walls with satchel charges and chainsaws and probably hours worth of small arms fire, and probably days with an axe lol. So make your bases so that it takes more effor than it's worth. You guys voted to keep destructable buildings, so that is how we are going to keep it.

Also, as a side note, the reporting issues seem to be ironing themselves out. This was not a problem with this server, but a problem that was unforseen by myself and caused by the migration of the listing server to the Steam system. This is mostly responsible for our huge lack of traffic in the past few weeks. If one didn't already know about this server, they probably couldn't have found it. Now it is reporting correctly, so we should have more traffic in the coming weeks. Show them the ropes, point them to the website, and let's get this server going the way we always wanted it to!

Thanks for playing. See you on the ground.

Papahyooie
Admin

http://battleborne.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Buildables are working properly

Post by Troy on Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:43 pm

So did the buildings not poof this time around?

Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie on Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:00 am

From what I can tell, no they didn't. Mine haven't disappeared as of yesterday. Haven't heard any reports from anyone else.

Papahyooie
Admin

http://battleborne.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by hensley on Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:25 pm

I'll check in on mine tonight & give you guys an update. I've been off the grid for a bit with being in Vegas last weekend (still recovering) & then work this week... I put up a wall on Tuesday the 26th & another one on Friday the 29th. Hopefully still there, I'll know for sure tonight. Yolo might be the best one to ask.. He had a bunch of stuff built last week. If his stuff is still there we're probably good.

hensley
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by hensley on Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:02 am

My buildings were still there when I checked last night.

hensley
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:23 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top