Optimizing Dayz

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Optimizing Dayz

Post by Troy on Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:08 am

My rig is getting kind of old now, but if I turn everything to the lowest setting (besides draw distance) then I can get 34 fps.  The problem now is that I am getting shot by people who are 15 feet away without me ever seeing them.  I can't seem to tell a crouching sniper from a bush or a rock. I can do missions because all of them are running around.  What options should I turn up in order to see people better?  And is there a way to turn up my FOV?

Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Re: Optimizing Dayz

Post by Papahyooie on Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:14 am

Probably the best thing to do if you are having problems with blurry picture (can't tell a sniper from a rock) is make sure that your render resolution is the same as your screen resolution. For instance if your screen resolution is 1920x1080, make sure the render resolution in the game settings is the same. That should sharpen everything up a bit. From there, turn off ALL postprocess, HDR, and especially anti-aliasing, and for SURE shadows. Shadows and anti-aliasing will hurt old graphics cards the most. That may give you enough headroom to up the graphics detail in other places. ArmaII has some very odd graphics settings that just simply aren't implemented very often in games. So make sure everything is turned off, and make sure the render resolution is the same as your monitor.
As for FOV I believe there is an ini tweak. Here is a guide that will help you set it up.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/31609-ultimate-fov-field-of-view-guide-for-arma-2-and-dayz-from-dayzpvpcom/

keep in mind that upping your FOV will have an adverse effect on FPS, as there will be more objects on-screen at time for your hardware to render. So upping your FOV can slow down your frames, though not by much.

Oh and sorry it took so long... I didn't see this thread lol.

Admin

http://battleborne.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top