Bugs, glitches, and rollbacks OH MY!

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Bugs, glitches, and rollbacks OH MY!

Post by Papahyooie on Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:09 pm

Thanks for the report!

I will consider lowering the difficulty level if you guys reeealy want to. I found it refreshing to get my ass kicked lol.

I have to modify the towing script to include epoch vehicles. Give me some time on that as its tedious as hell.

Epoch is built on an older version of dayz that doesn't have the second weapon slot. There is absolutely nothing I can do to change that. Sorry.

The logo at the top has some scripting problems that interfere with building. I'll have to basically recode it to work around the building system. I know that sounds crazy, but trust me. If I enable the button that let's you remove the stats panel then you won't be able to place tents or build buildings. Weird... I know. I'll fix it though.
Papahyooie
Admin

http://battleborne.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy on Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:09 pm

8 the server does not appear to be resetting.

Last edited by Troy on Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie on Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:12 pm

No it isn't resetting. Still having battleye script issues. It will be OK though. Contrary to popular belief, loot does respawn without a server restart. Just not vehicles.
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy on Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:17 pm

Sweet, thank you for doing all this work.

Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie on Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:19 pm

No problem man. I'm glad you guys suggested epoch, I had a lot of fun testing earlier. Hope you guys love it!
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Falcore55 on Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:51 am

sorry about earlier, I didn't mean to get on your ass about it. Just trying to help out. I thought refill was added at the time I posted and you have my apology.
Falcore55
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by hensley on Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:47 am

Looks like Troy reported all of the 'issues' we ran across while testing things out last night. I spent some time at the traders & they seem to be working just fine. I bought & sold a number of things without issue. I realize it's small thing & will be far down on the list but we were missing the location indicator when you pull up the map. Other than that I think Troy said it all. Is there a way too post pictures / screencaps on the forums Papa? I see 'insert image' above but doesn't seem to work. Because in case no one believes Troy crashed plane last night I was nice enough to be following him in a UAZ & got some screencaps of his firey death Smile Appreciate all the work as well Papa, I think this server is going to be a blast!
hensley
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Falcore55 on Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:52 am

I don't know if anybody else has noticed but vehicles are about as durable as paper in a bucket of water. I bumped into two things on separate occasions and both vehicles exploded.
Falcore55
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie on Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:38 am

Tweaking that right now. The location indicator is tied to the difficulty settings. Changed difficulty to regular by popular demand. (ya pansies Wink )

Self bloodbag *should* work now.

You should be able to post pictures through the insert image function. I'll take a look at permissions and see if something isn't borked.
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Falcore55 on Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:28 am

The difficulty seems to be much better balanced now but the airfields and military building are not dropping any sort of loot. Is this a problem with the epoch mod itself or is it being worked on at the moment?
Falcore55
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie on Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:33 am

I'm still looking into it. Haven't been able to tell why yet, as I'm still learning how the epoch database calls work. Could be something else entirely. Not sure yet.
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hensley on Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:01 pm

Agree AF's are sparse at the moment but sure it'll be good to go with time. There is one Barrack in the NWAF I found last night that had 4 rifles & a good bit ammo. Believe it was two different M16 variants one of which was silenced with a sweet camo skin, one M14 Sniper, & one light machine gun. If I remember correctly it was on the NW corner of the NWAF.. Check it out.

Like Troy, I got smacked by zed while selling some ammo at the Stary Trader last night so those 'safe zones' still aren't safe. Buyer or seller beware.

If you have to go one by one to allow the 'epoch' vehicles to tow may I suggest starting with SUV's Smile
hensley
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie on Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:15 pm

Thanks for the report hensley. I've got a question though, and this is for everybody.

Everyone is saying that loot isn't spawning right. My question is, are you guys driving your vehicles right into the cities to loot them? Like, are you driving up to the buildings in the air fields, jumping out and expecting to find loot? Because if so, this is not a problem with the server, but a misunderstanding of how the DayZ loot system works.

You see, DayZ (and by proxy, epoch) only spawns loot if it detects a player within ~200 meters out from the spawn point. If nobody has crossed that line, then the map will load, but no loot will spawn. Epoch is built on an older version of DayZ which does not recognize players in vehicles. So basically, for loot to spawn you have to cross a line between 100 and 200 meters ON FOOT. So best practice is to park your vehicle outside the town, walk in on foot and loot, and then go back to your car.

The reason I post this, is that I have repeatedly tested loot spawns on this new server. I walk in, loot, walk out, wait 15 minutes, walk back in and loot again. It has worked every time without fail for me, and I cannot find any reason why loot wouldn't be spawning. So once again, I'm not putting anybody down, just saying to be sure you understand how the loot system works before reporting it as a bug. I only say this because I can fix bugs, but I cannot help people work the system correctly.

Also, if you are only finding trash loot in places where you would normally find high-end loot, I suggest going in and picking up EVERY piece of trash loot in the area (or at least the specific building you want to loot) then walking out 200m, drop all the trash and wait 10-15 minutes and try again. The reason is, some older versions of DayZ required every piece of loot to be picked up before new loot would respawn. So basically, someone has already looted the area but left the trash loot behind. So pick up the trash loot, walk away, wait, and try again. This was the way everyone did things back in the early days of DayZ.

Hope that helps!  Wink 

As for the safe zones, every trader is not a safe zone. Only one of them is in stock epoch, and that one is marked on the map. I have to manually create the safe zones around the other ones. It's on my endless to do list, lol.

And I'll add SUVs dont worry. Even though they clearly do not have tow hitches attached. Wink

Thanks hensley!
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hensley on Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:13 am

Papa you bring up a really good point about loot not spawning while in vehicles. I had heard that in the past but had kind of forgotten it. I tested it out last night for fun. Drove a car right up to 3 or 4 small med tents next to balota hangers & hoped out. No loot. I then ran away about 100 yards & ran back to tents. Loot had spawned.

When I say that ‘airfields are sparse’ right now I don’t mean that existing buildings aren’t spawning loot. Existing buildings seem to be spawning a fine amount of stuff. Although I haven’t spent much time digging through Chero & Elektro so someone else could probably speak to that better that I can. What I mean is there just aren’t physically the number of ‘high-quality loot buildings’ as everyone is likely used to. And by that I mostly mean barracks.

I’m not telling you anything you don’t already know here but Balota used to have 6 barracks, a number of meds tents on runway, & a whole other camp just outside the airfield. Now no barracks that I can see & a few small med tents by hangers. NEAF used to have 4 or 5 barracks now none that I could see. NWAF used to have a bunch of barracks & so far I’ve found one. That is why I said I’m sure they will get better with time because I just kind of assumed those things (barracks) had to be added & they were on your to-do list somewhere. Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks for all the hard work & updates Papa!

And although the SUV does not currently have a tow hitch attached it does come equipped with a tow package. Close enough  Very Happy 
hensley
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie on Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:42 am

I see what you mean hensley. Yes, you are absolutely correct. All those buildings were custom placed buildings. I put some there, and another admin named J0k3r has some pre-built custom templates that I also used for some of them. Unfortunately all those have to be added to the database by hand, normally. I have a personal method that I use that is much easier, in which I add them to custom SQF files, and then call those files from the database to spawn those buildings at server start. It is MUCH easier to manage that way, as I can edit buildings that are messed up (like the floating stairs in the bastille) in the editor instead of doing it by hand in the database. This allows me to "patch" my own additions without messing with code. Plus, it takes hours to add that stuff into the code by hand.

The caveat here is that I have to look at the code of epoch to learn the best place to call those cutom SQF files. Epoch is different just because it's epoch, plus it is even more different because it is built on a completely different code base than the old server is. So I'm basically learning the programmers methods from scratch.

So... moral of this story is, I WILL get the custom buildings in. Just give me time. Wink
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy on Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:04 pm

Sooooo....probably should have asked this a while ago......what do you want tested?

Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie on Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:10 pm

Nothing specifically. Just play Smile pretty much all of the progress I've made so far is tested and good to go. Just keep the reports coming on, especially on your personal experiences with the loot. After trying my suggestions is loot spawning correctly?

Other than that, just let me know what problems you run into. Just hold off on the feature requests, as I'm working on them as fast as I can Wink
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Falcore55 on Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:02 am

Yesterday I found about 5 or 6 heli crashes and nothing spawned on them at all. I tried to land far away and approach but it didn't change anything.
Falcore55
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Falcore55 on Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:42 am

I just encountered a glitch, I tried towing a utility vehicle with a UAZ and I get kicked saying it was a restricted action.
Falcore55
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie on Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:49 am

Now that's a bug falcore, lol. Thank you, I will look into that asap.
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy on Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:13 pm

I saw a gyrocopter at the NE airfield and the only thing I could do with it was rotate it left or right and push it forward. The option to get it, repair it ext were not available.

Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie on Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:17 pm

You couldn't get in it? Or you mean it couldn't lift off? Because I thought the same thing, but it turns out I just didn't know how to fly it lol. You have to fly it like a plane.
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hensley on Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:27 pm

Hey Troy stop messing with my gyrocopter Smile I bought that last night it hopes it would be cheap way to get across the map 'as the birds fly'. Turns out it was a complete waste the thing is terrible & it was all could do to keep from killing myself. You can't do anything with it because it's locked. If you mouse scroll on it I bet you get a 'unlock gyrocopter' message which obviously you can't do because I have the key. I'll make ya a killer deal on it!
hensley
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy on Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:34 pm

It didn't tell me that it was locked, I just couldn't get into it. If I hit the push forward option enough times I'm sure I could nudge it off a cliff. If I want to spend 4 hours doing that......might be worth it just for the screen shot.

Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy on Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:39 pm

hensley wrote: I'll make ya a killer deal on it!
I'll attempt to fly (and probably crash and die) it for your amusement.

Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top