Connecting to Arma 3 Exile server

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Connecting to Arma 3 Exile server

Post by Papahyooie on Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:00 pm

Ok, here is the full how-to.

First off, you need Arma 3 installed. Obviously. Get it from Steam.

You need to download the client files for Exile 0.9.20 found Here

Alternatively, if that mirror goes down, look here. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Even more alternatively, you can get this mod using Arma 3 Launcher (but can't launch the game through it because it doesn't support Ryan's zombies and demons yet.)

You will also need the Zombies and Demons mod found Here The download link is at the bottom.

Extract both into your Arma 3 root install (i.e. steamapps/common/arma3)

Launch the game through steam, using the stock launcher, and enable the mods @Exile and @Ryanzombies.

Launch Arma 3.

Use the familiar "remote" tab to connect to Battleborne.no-ip.org Port 2322.

You should get in. If you have any questions or problems, let me know. The zombies take up to 10 minutes to spawn on first login. This is partly to allow the game to load, and partly to allow you to get out of bambi state. Wink

Happy hunting!

Admin

http://battleborne.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Connecting to Arma 3 Exile server

Post by hensley on Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:28 pm

Ok got mods downloaded / enabled & got on server! I did get kicked twice, but third time I was on & played for about 20 minutes. It ran great! Only issue I found is when in a city (Zarros I think) I got a pop-up message about zombie sound not found.. Then I ran into a few zombies & they were not making any noise at all. I'm not afraid to admit it was nighttime in-game & I might have jumped a little Smile Was a blast to have that intense feeling like when first playing DayZ!! Gonna be fun.
hensley
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie on Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:46 am

Great to hear! I am looking into the sound problem. It's an issue with the update the other day. I may just have to update the server's mod files. Shouldn't be a big deal, as it's a client side error. It's a shame they werent making sounds, because thier sounds are super scary lol.

Just wait till you hear the "demon zombie"... or see the "spider zombie"... It's terrifying when you have to put 12 rounds in a zombie who's coming after you walking on all fours...

Do you happen to know what the kicks were for?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hensley on Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:53 pm

Didn't tell me, just said 'you were kicked'. First time was at the very end of load screen right before entering server. Second time I got on server parachuted down, & took about 10 steps & was kicked again. Like I said 3rd time I got on & it ran great. Was getting 40 FPS most times in the city. Can't wait for the sounds. I was freaked the F out rolling through that city at night!
hensley
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie on Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:05 pm

I may have you send me an rpt log. I haven't had that happen myself. It'll probably be Monday though. Mermaid and I are getting married this weekend, so development is officially at a halt until Monday haha.

I'm also surprised that you were getting such good fps. That server hadn't restarted in at LEAST 24 hours when you got online. I still haven't ironed out the restart script.

And yea... Night time is scary as hell lol.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy on Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:07 pm

Congratulations!

Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by hensley on Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:56 am

Congrats Papa & Mermaid!! Although come on man she wouldn't mind if you worked on server the night of wedding Very Happy

Happy to send ya rpt log, just let me know. I'm hoping to get back on server tonight & will test 'stuff' out.
hensley
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by hensley on Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:33 pm

Put a few hours in on server a few days ago & it ran really good once again. Can confirm vehicles, looting, buying & selling at traders, backpacks, etc. are all working as they're intended too. Did see at least one other player try to connect who got kicked. Who knows what for. Only a few thoughts... It would be nice to accelerate time in my opinion. Is it fun to get the day / night cycle in the same gaming session. Really cool when you see night coming & have to kind of prep for that. How quick the day \ night cycle or how much clock is accelerated would have to be figured out. Feel like on the few other servers I've played Exile it is probably like a 3 or 4 hour cycle. Also seen small bar on bottom of screen on other servers that gave some basic information like server population, FPS, time until next restart, respect, & maybe even bottle tabs. Not a huge deal in the grand scheme but it was handy. There were infected in the safe zone but they never attacked so I don't think that is an issue. Can also confirm the infected sounds are now working... Demon zombies are no fricken joke. Have to deal with infected waaaaaay differently than Dayz MOD that's for sure. Super fun change! Thanks again for getting it set up, hope we can get some traffic!
hensley
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie on Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:13 pm

i felt exactly the same way about the time. I have made the edits, they just need to be placed into rotation, which I will do shortly. It should be roughly 3 hours of day/dusk and 1 hour of night per restart, if my calculations were correct. Let me know how it is if you spend some time. And everything else I'm working on. Apparently nobody reads the server name, because they're all getting kicked for not having the zombie mod installed lol. I have a couple of other tweaks I will make this evening or tomorrow.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hensley on Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:11 pm

Glad to hear you're on the same page with accelerating time. I plan to get on server tonight so I'll see how it goes. Makes sense people are getting kicked for not having proper MODs. In the end though I think it will help server stand apart from the vast majority that don't have the zombie / demon MOD. Any idea when (if ever) server will be on Arma 3 Launcher?

And hope last weekend went great!!
hensley
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie on Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:42 pm

Oh yea, it was awesome. We had a great time, had the big old dream wedding we always wanted. Ol' Papahyooie's a married man now! Maybe I'll convince Mermaid to come play with us sometimes lol.

I'll try to be on a bit tonight and check out the time acceleration. I'm hoping I hit the right start time / acceleration factor combination. It's adjustable, so we can fine tune it to however we like.

As for arma 3 launcher, the server will not show up on the server list until A3L supports the ryans zombies and demons mod. Unfortunately I have no control over that. I have also heard rumblings in the interwebs that A3L will never support ryanzombies because it contains either stolen and/or deprecated code from an Arma 2 mod. That's totally just a rumor i read. It may not be true at all. Like I said, unfortunately, I have no control over what A3L does. The only option is to use a neutered version of the zombie mod that doesn't require the extra download. This version is faaar inferior. The zombies dont have unique costumes (they walk around in white lab coats) they all look exactly the same, there are no different types of zombies, you can constantly hear them groaning in your ear no matter how far away from them you are.... it's a buggy mess at the moment. I would rather just play with a couple of us than use that. Hopefully A3L will eventually pick up ryanzombies though. We will see.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hensley on Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:14 pm

Hey Papa server is not showing up when trying to remote in.
hensley
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie on Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:48 pm

Troy, good news, Arma 3 extended edition is 50% off on bohemia's website. It contains all the expansions for less than the base game.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:45 am

I got on. You can find the Zombies and Demons mod on the Steam Workshop, so that's one less thing that you have to juggle.

Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie on Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:51 pm

Awesome! I was going to look into that and see if the version was correct. Thanks for doing it for me lol. I'll update the walkthrough.

Let me know what you think!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy on Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:20 pm

Server is not showing up when I enter the IP address.

Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie on Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:05 pm

Looks like my port forwarding got screwed up again. It should work now.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:58 pm

Zombies are nuts, especially the ones in blue who can run you down.  Got some decent loot, fired my silenced weapon and attracted 12 zombies who then killed me through a wall.  Died 7 more times trying to recover my body before Dursty told me that zombie bit players disappear.  Wrecked a car 20 seconds after finding it.  All and all it's back to old times.

Zombies being able to eat me through walls is a problem.  Had 5 people on tonight, 2 more disconnected because they didn't have the right mods installed.  Trying to find food and water proved to be more dangerous than finding guns or even interacting with other players.

Last edited by Troy on Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by hensley on Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:21 am

Glad to see you made it on Troy!! Papa can confirm but I don't think that it is zombie bit payers disappear it's just that Papa currently has bodies disappearing after 15 minutes. Which we both thought was too short a time frame due to map size so I believe he is going to make it more like an hour. Again could be wrong on that.

I have not seen the 'bit through walls' things first hand but I have read about it. I believe that is an 'exile wide' issue at the moment, not BB in particular. I've found it easiest to get food & water at the small cities & single house farms. Usually no zombies there. I stay away from big cities that are usually over-run!

Does feel like old times Smile
hensley
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy on Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:27 am

I'll be standing on top of a stairwell with no zombies in site, and then I hear the biting noise. Dead 2 seconds later. Odd.

Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie on Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:36 am

I read some interesting info on the zombie mod. Apparently the CURRENT implementation is that if a zombie gets within x feet of you (like 1 or 2 feet... very short distance) then they start doing a damage per second to you. It's currently set to 15dps. The "attack" animation is just for show because of the way the mod is built. This may be adjusted in the future. So a little intel... KEEP THEM AWAY FROM YOU! Gone are the days of walking up to a zombie with a hatchet. Shoot them in the face, even if you have to make noise. These aren't dayz zombies. They're way more dangerous.

That being said, I could see a scenario where they might get too close to you if you're hugging a wall and still do damage through it, though it's never happened to me.

Also, yes I agree the demon zombies are waaay overpowered. I will be addressing this. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do to change the damage system unless I rewrite the whole mod. Maybe I will... we will see lol.

And no, zombie bit players do not disappear any faster than regular bodies. But there is an exile bug where they can despawn faster... Once again, we just have to wait on exile to fix it. Luckily their development tempo has been super fast so far. They really want this mod to be awesome, so it shouldn't be long. And tell Dursty I said come sign up on the website and quit spreading misinformation lol. He has a direct line to the guy who can see the code. Why not use it?

EDIT: Troy I just saw your last post just now. You need to update your zombies mod. I guess I was right, and the one on steam workshop is out of date. Go here

Scroll all the way down to the bottom and download the mod. Once it is downloaded, use WinRAR (here if you don't have it)

to open the file. Drag the @zombies and demons folder into your Arma 3 folder. This is most likely located at C:\programfiles(x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma3. If that folder doesn't exist, get with me on steam and I'll help you find it.

Then launch Arma 3 through steam. This will bring up the launcher. Click on Parameters. Check the box next to "mods." Then click the "..." button, and choose @exile. Then click "..." again, and choose "@zombies and demons."

Then launch the game.

That should get you fixed up.

Let me know if you need help!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hensley on Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:42 am

Good to know on the Steam version of MOD. That same thing was happening to a couple of other guys on the sever the other night & they were getting all frustrated. In the future I'll just let them know their version is out of date.

Hopefully get forum website up on server before too long... So people come here rather than speculate about the issues!
hensley
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie on Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:46 am

Yea, I'm gonna work on that this evening.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:24 pm

So the I can walk through a town without dying to zombies now, although that might be because it was night when I tried it out. Bodies take less then 10 minutes to despawn, and there appears to be roaming bandits.

Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy on Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:49 am

The new update broke the server, I cannot connect due to a bad version of something. BB probably didn't update when the game did.

Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top